This employee benefit is currently in the beta phase and will be available to you in full functionality in our web app from January 2023.
Secure our welcome price for new customers until 31.03.2023!
What is the Voucher Benefit?
With the Voucher Benefit from Circula, employees receive up to €50 more per month in net salary in the form of tax-free voucher benefits, which can be redeemed at numerous partner shops of your choice throughout Germany.
Learn more about the legal background and interesting facts about the Voucher Benefit in our Wiki.
How do I use the Voucher Benefit?
❗️Please note that vouchers can only be applied for until the 20th of the respective calendar month. Pay attention to the respective deadline and decide in time for a voucher.
To use Circula Benefits, open your Circula web app and go to the "Benefits" tab.
Click on the yellow plus button at the bottom right and select "Voucher".
Benefits in the Circula Web App
2. Now an additional window opens with a short explanation of how to use the benefit. On the right-hand side, you have an overview of which voucher partners are available to you.
3. Click on the different voucher options for more information. Here you can see, for example, whether a voucher can only be redeemed online or offline in a shop, or both.
4. Now select a voucher, click on it and confirm at the bottom right that you have chosen this voucher. Now please confirm it again.
5. The status of your voucher will now be marked as "Coming soon" until the voucher has been released by Circula's voucher partner.
This can take a few minutes or a few hours, so if your voucher is not immediately usable, it has not yet been released and will be redeemable soon.
Benefit overview in the Circula Web App, voucher status "Coming soon".
6. As soon as your voucher is ready to be redeemed, the status changes to "Ready to use" and can be redeemed immediately in the partner shop.
Benefit overview in the Circula Web App, voucher status "Ready to use".
7. To do this, click on your voucher in the benefits overview.
8. Here you will see all the information you need to redeem your voucher.
For a voucher that you can redeem online in a partner shop, use the voucher code and/or the PIN code to redeem your voucher.
If it is a voucher that can be redeemed offline in a shop, you can download it under Voucher PDF to redeem it directly in-store.
9. As soon as you have redeemed your voucher, you have the option to mark it as "Redeemed" in the Circula App. To do this, please select the voucher that you have already redeemed and click on "Redeemed" at the bottom of this voucher. This helps keep an overview and is optional.
Ordered voucher status
The status "Coming soon" is displayed as soon as a voucher has been ordered. Normally it takes a few minutes, sometimes longer.
Ready to use
The status "Ready to use" is displayed as soon as the voucher is available. Now the voucher can be redeemed.
The status "Redeemed" is displayed when the voucher has been redeemed. Important: To display this status, vouchers must be manually set to "Redeemed" in the app.
The Voucher Benefit for admins
To set an individual budget for your employees, use the Benefits Groups feature. This not only simplifies the entire process, from selecting the right benefits to assigning them to specific employees, and setting budgets. It also allows you to offer reduced benefits to part-time employees. Learn how to successfully use Benefits Groups in this Help Center article.
Frequently asked questions
What is the Voucher Benefit (Sachbezug) and what can be acquired through the vouchers?
According to the legislator, voucher benefits (Sachbezüge) are goods and services worth money that are not paid out in the form of a salary, for example, and in our case are purchased through third-party providers. These vouchers are redeemed for goods or services at the partner shop, but cannot be exchanged for cash or salary.
Furthermore, since 01.01.2022, vouchers from online marketplaces, such as Amazon or Zalando, are no longer benefits in kind. Further information on the types of income can be found under § 8 paragraph 1 sentence 3 EStG.
Can vouchers also be applied for via the Circula mobile app?
The Voucher Benefit is currently only available in the Circula web app.
Up until when can vouchers be applied for in the Circula App?
Vouchers can be applied for until the 20th of the respective calendar month. Pay attention to the respective deadline here and decide on a voucher of your choice in good time.
Do you still have questions?
💬 Chat Support
📞 +49 30 588 491 01